Thursday, February 02, 2006

Saddened by Searches

Although there are a few great resources out there for blended families and step-parents, there aren't many.

When looking at the keywords that are bringing people here to Step by Step, it makes me realize just how much of a challenge blending families really is.

Before my husband and I got married, I never really thought my concerns would be with him, after all, love is bigger than life, isn't it?  I did however have many concerns over becoming a stepmother and my husband becoming a stepfather.  Not to mention throwing the ex's in that mix.

It's a very rude awakening when a person realizes that love is not bigger than life and love does not conquer all.  Being married and learning to cohabitate is difficult enough, but tossing in two or more households, a blend of rules and you have a perfect recipe for chaos.

Some of the search terms that are leading people here are:

step family issues - married with step kids - step family advice - step mother help - helping deal with bad step children - step families and money - dealing with the ex and step kids - disrespectful step kids - extended family problems - step family depression - divorce in the step family

And that's just to name a few.  As you can see, there's a great deal of desperation out there in the blended family world. And we all need someone to lean on when we feel there's nowhere else to turn.

If you have a blended family resource you'd like us to share please leave the link in the comment section and I'll be happy to add it.

0 comments: