Thursday, July 06, 2006

Establishing Pecking Order

I realize that whenever two families are blended there's going to be a period of time where the children try to establish the pecking order.
 
I'm interested in how other blended families have handled the situation.
 
When you have two that are the oldest siblings in each family, each wants to be the boss.  Any ideas on how to keep the feuding to a minimum?
 
It's not a huge problem for us now, but it was at one time.  I thought it might be good to touch on the topic for others that may be dealing with the same type of turmoil.
 
What about the babies in the family?  They each have their own place too - but now they have someone new to compete with.  What do you do?
 

1 comments:

Barb said...

I wish I knew the answer. My son is an only and 14. My parter has 3 kids (12, 11, 10), and they gang up on my son when their father can't see, and constantly tell their father that they hate me and don't want to come over.

It's painful to realize that I might lose this great man because of his children.

A bit of background... today is our 2nd "dating" anniversary, and we moved intogether last October. His kids are with us every other weekend, and my son is with us all the time.

HELP! hehe