Wednesday, November 29, 2006

What do your kids want for Christmas?

How many other parents of teens are having a hard time buying for their kids?

My kids just keep saying they want money!  Money, money, money!  ACK  I'm sick of it!

I don't want to give them money!  I don't want to give them gift cards!  I want REAL gifts under the tree for them to open at Christmas!

What fun is it, opening up an envelope?  I do that every day and let me tell you, it's NOT fun!

This is my first year as a parent of teens so I'm going to need a little help!

Any advice?  Tips?  Ideas?

Do tell!  PLEASE!

Technorati Tags : , , , ,

1 comments:

lindajt9 said...

Well, I think I can offer empathy, rather than teen giving gift ideas. My 19 year old and 16 year have previously either been soooo specific about what they want, that there is absolutely no fun or surprise left. They say, "you don't me to be disappointed, do you?". Maybe I do. Maybe a little disappointment would go farther than money! I have tried, and been fairly successful with, having them make a very specific list. Even going on Amazon and making their list. They never get all of it, so what they do get is at least a surprise, so that makes me a bit happier.