Monday, February 05, 2007

Adult Children of Divorce

I'm looking for Adult Children of Divorce who would be willing to answer a few questions for me as part of an article that I'm putting together.

This article won't be featured in any major magazine, but what it will do is to help me find some happy medium between what I personally know, feel and believe as an adult child of divorce versus what our court systems THINK children today 'need' from their divorcing parents.

Personally, I don't think they have a very good handle on the whole divorce thing because they still have the same old mindset that all children belong with their mother - which we all know couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm finding myself very torn between what the courts expect from me now as a stepmother versus what I know as a child of divorce.

I think children of divorce know best, but who am I?

Perhaps if I had more people who come from similar backgrounds helping in this soul searching experience, I could find a happy place between the two.

If you're interested in helping with this proposition, please leave a comment here on how I can contact you - or I'll find a way to be in touch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a child of divorce. I grew up with my dad because my mom traveled a lot with her job. I was [and still am] always very close to my mother even though I only saw her on holidays and in the summer. I am now a stepmom and we have primary custody of my stepson. I'd be willing to answer some questions for you. Send me an email at thebeanblog [at] gmail [dot] com.

Anonymous said...

I'd be willing to answer some questions for you. My name is DK Simoneau, and I am the child of divorce and a parent of divorce, and now the author of a children's picture book on the subject. The book deals with split family living. You may contact me via my website, www.werehavingatuesday.com

Thanks....

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could help in this area. I am not a child of divorce but I am an expert at being divorced but only once.

I agree, not all Moms are cut out to have primary custody, care, and control of their children.